Warkworth War Memorial Hall
The Main HallThis room is suitable for large events such as dances, concerts or large social occassions. It is approximately 7.15 x 13.9 metres. The maximum capacity varies with layout of the room. In concert format with rows of chairs the working capacity is 120; for Ceilidhs and the Community Cinema the working capacity is about 70. These numbers fall well within the limit of 200 set by the Fire Services.
For a brief overview of the Hall’s audio and projection systems, see AVS notes. A demonstration of this equipment can be arranged if needed. The hall houses a piano. The temperature control and instructions for central heating are near the double doors that lead to the vestibule.
There are 26 fold-up tables - 68.5cm x 91cm (14), 68.5cm x 182cm (6), 76cm x 182cm (6). There are 126 chairs available. They can be brought in to the hall for larger events, but are normally distributed as follows - 40 blue chairs in the hall, 48 red chairs in the store room (between the gents and ladies toilets), 24 grey/blue chairs in the basement, 13 grey/blue + 1 red chair in the Library.
At one end of the hall is a raised stage approximately 6.2 x 3.4 metres. Adjacent to the stage is access to the basement. Other than the Drama Group and maintenance, access is not permitted to this area.
The Supper RoomThis is suitable for smaller events or as a bar, when used in conjunction with the Main Hall. It is approximately 5 x 7.2 metres, including a fixed bar roughly 3.1 x 1.4 metres. This houses a wine chiller and over 200 glasses (approx 70 wine, 45 flutes and over 100 pint and half pint glasses). A gas fire, operated by a remote control, is available in this room should additional heating be required. Instructions are on the shelf above the fire.
A STAS picture hanging system is available for temporary display of artwork.
The British Legion RoomThis room has recently become available for general use. It is accessed by a flight of stairs.
It measures approximately 6.4 x 4.5 metres. It has 6 collapsible tables (each measuring 178cm x 75cm), 31 chairs and a conventional gas fire. It is ideal as a meeting room for up to 20 people.
The LibraryThis is accessed by a flight of stairs through the Supper Room. It is a non-bookable room. As well as providing a storage area it is suitable as a small study area. It measures approximately 4.2 x 5.1 metres. It has a table, chairs and a conventional gas fire.
The KitchenThis is accessed either through the Supper Room or through the external kitchen door. It is available for use by anyone booking one or more of the above rooms. It measures 4.4 x 3.8 metres and houses a large fridge, 2 kettles and 2 water boilers (1 x 10 litre and 1 x 20 litre), a microwave, an electric cooker and a dish washer. A large selection of crockery and some cutlery is available along with teapots, jugs, tea-towels, table cloths and trays. There is an electric heater, which can be turned up as needed. When not in use, the heater should be left powered on, but at its lowest setting which provides frost protection. There are no consumables for general use.
ToiletsMale, Female and Disabled toilets are available from the vestibule. A further unisex toilet is available on the 1st floor outside the Library. We do not have a nappy disposal service. Used nappies should be removed from the premises and not placed in Hall bins.
After Your EventThe Hall is run as a charity by volunteers. Please respect this and ensure that you leave the rooms as you find them, turning off/down heating as instructed above, returning any furniture to its original location and clearing away any waste material. There are waste and re-cycling bins outside the kitchen. Please remove any excessive amounts of waste from the site.
Other Useful Information
- Disabled Access:
The Hall is on various levels. Disabled Accessibility depends on the room(s) used. No lifts are available. Access is as follows:
- Main Hall/toilets (including disabled toilet): ground level access via double external door.
- Kitchen: ground level access via single external door with threshold step.
- Supper Room: access via four steps with handrail from Main Hall or via three steps with handrail from Kitchen level. If necessary, ground level access is possible via external fire escape doors.
- British Legion Room: access via steep staircase up from kitchen passage or a slightly less steep flight from the Supper Room. The latter takes you to a corridor with 3 steps down in to the British Legion Room. Both staircases are available as emergency exits.
- Library: access via stairs from the Supper Room. It can also be accessed through the British Legion Room, which provides a secondary emergency exit.
- First Aid: There are first aid kits in the kitchen and on the stairs leading to the basement. Users are asked to replace anything that they have used.
- Cleaning Up: In the hallway between the Supper Room and the Kitchen is an understairs cupboard, where you will find a hoover, a mop and pan & brush.
- Alcohol: A Premises Licence is displayed on the notice board in the vestibule.
- Public Video Screening Licence: This licence is displayed on the notice board in the vestibule.
- Music Licence: Our PRS licence covers ‘the public performance of musical compositions on behalf of songwriters, composers and music publishers’. Our PPL licence covers ‘the public performance of recorded music on behalf of record companies and performers’. The Hall‘s PPL licence does not cover ‘any third party hire to commercial organisations’ or ‘any individuals earning an income from providing the activity such as aerobics classes, practice and social dance sessions’.
- Contact Numbers: In case of problems, contact numbers are provided on the noticeboard in the vestibule.