Policy and Management Documents
- Data Protection
- Equal Opportunity Policy
- Fire Safety - Briefing Sheet
- Risk Assessment Document
- Vulnerable Persons Policy Statement
History of the HallThe Hall was built in 1866 as a Dissenters‘ meeting house and school, it later became a Reading Room and Lecture Hall and subsequently a Drill Hall for the Percy Volunteer Artillery. Bought by public subscription in 1920 as a war memorial hall, it serves as a village hall for the people of Warkworth and surrounding areas.
The Memorial Hall site originally included a three storey terraced house to the west located on Castle Street and a two bedroomed detached cottage to the east overlooking the burgages.The former was disposed of by the Trustees during the early 1970s and the latter in mid 2006.
For further background see History of the Hall
There's also a reference to the Hall as a Baptist Church (1866 to 1888) in The Baptists of North Northumberland.