Available for hire for recreation, social and fund raising events, craft fairs, local societies, wedding receptions and family gatherings, the Warkworth War Memorial Hall can accommodate groups from 5 to 140, 7 days a week. It is also used by the Parish Council and serves as a polling station.
The Hall is managed as a charity for use by local inhabitants without distinction of political, religious or other opinions. The more formal document defining its purpose and ongoing management is described in the Scheme (pdf), overseen by the Charity Commisioners for England and Wales.
The Hall was built in 1866 as a Dissenters‘ meeting house and school, it later became a Reading Room and Lecture Hall and subsequently a Drill Hall for the Percy Volunteer Artillery. Bought by public subscription in 1920 as a war memorial hall, it serves as a village hall for the people of Warkworth and surrounding areas. For further background see History of the Hall
The Hall is managed and maintained by a small group of volunteers. If you are interested in helping in any way, please contact Peter Burnham (Tel: 01665 711388, Email: peter.burnham @ gmail.com).
For further information about the area of Warkworth and local activities/events see Welcome to Warkworth.
Registered charity, number 225812.